fall

fall

family pic

family pic
Family 2009

Trip to Ukraine

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa Clause







Getting ready for Christmas this year has been very bittersweet. Most of my Christmas decorations were given to me by my mom so even decorating was difficult. Nothing will be the same and we will have to adjust to new ways of doing things.



Deiana is very excited about Santa this year. She has been carrying around a (small) list in anticipation of seeing the big guy. However a few days ago she woke me up to say she had been thinking about something. She said "I'm going to ask Santa to bring Mimi back" I told her that while it was a very nice idea I was sorry but that was not possible, Santa did not have that ability. She said "But he is magic mommy, you never know"
She begged all day to see Santa. I knew the mall would be horribly crowded but she was not going to be talked out of it. Deiana made a new friend in line (or partner in crime) so she was occupied.... actually overstimulated.

















Oh well, after an hour and a half wait we made it to the front. Deiana happily sat on his lat and gave him her list. I didn't hear what they were talking about, but I did hear her ask Santa if he had
"powers".

We are thankful to have Deiana's enthusiasm and energy around us to keep us going.
Mom, we miss you dearly and you will always be in our hearts.

No comments: